Looking to try something new to add a twist to your water bottle or glass? Check out these 8 recipes from the Family Nutrition Program at WVU’s Extension Service. The recipes are low-cost, easy to make, and kid-tested and approved! No special equipment is needed. Let’s Hydrate
Want to bring life to your water? Choose to infuse.
- RINSE your fruits or veggies to clean them.
- CHOP into thin slices or small cubes.
- DROP your fruits or veggies into a bottle or pitcher filled with cold water.
- WAIT an hour or so to let the flavors infuse. The longer it sits, the more flavorful the water will be.
- DRINK up and refill for more!
Other mouthwatering tips:
- Drop in flavored ice cubes. Freeze fruit in an ice tray with some water and add the cubes to your water for a flavorful addition.
- Freeze fruits, or use fresh. Strawberries, lemons, oranges, grapes all will give your water a kick of flavor… and there will be a tasty treat when you’re finished drinking.
- Add fresh herbs and flavor extracts. Infuse warm water with mint or basil leaves or vanilla extract, then pour over ice for a delicious drink.
- Ice, Ice baby. Just a change in texture like adding crushed ice can make your water that much more enjoyable.